Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Rocks of Encouragement


Hello Stamping Friends!

Today I am sharing a little fun with Inspired By Stamping's products!

Recently my daughter has gotten into painting rocks and hiding them within the surrounding area that we live!  I didn't realize this was a big thing, until I recently found a painted rock while working!!  I picked it up and brought it home to show my kids and look into it!  

Well that is all it took for my kids!  Next thing I know, I'm buying more acrylic paints, paint markers, sealer and we're at the local beach occasionally picking rocks!!

I admit, I am not much of a painter!  So while spending time with the kids painting, I thought, I wonder if I can stamp on them? 

So I decided to give it a try!!

I start by finding a fairly flat and smooth rock and add some acrylic paint to the top.  I then find an encouraging sentiment to add once dried!

I cut a piece of acetate to just slightly bigger than my sentiment, as using a block doesn't really stamp well if the rock isn't very smooth and flat.  Using the acetate allows me to have more control when stamping and allows me to stamp the sentiment better!

Stamped:
I love the watercolor feel to the stamped sentiment!!  How appropriate when I used the sentiment from the Watercolor Sentiments stamp set!!

I ended up leaving the stamped sentiment as it was as I really liked the look. Sometimes I will use a paint marker to clean-up the sentiment so it looks more perfect, as you will see in the next rock.

I then added a border and some hearts around the sentiment! I unfortunately don't have a finished look! I feel bad!  My daughter grabbed this rock on Saturday along with a bunch of other ones as she thought she was doing me a favor!  Because we went to town to hide a bunch!  Didn't even see her hide it! Didn't know until I went to take pictures Sunday and was looking all over for it! LOL.  I confronted her and she was all excited that she hid it!  Should have left it at that!  As when I told her I didn't take a picture of it yet, some tears were shed.  I felt horrible!!

Here is one of the completed rocks:
For this one I stamped the 'Do What Makes You" sentiment from the Happy Stamp Set on my rock!!  And I die cut the 'happy' sentiment from the Happy Die Set from a piece of glittery sticker paper!  I adhered it to my rock and added Mod Podge over to keep it adhered to my rock!

I was told by my daughter that she didn't take this one because she secretly really wants to keep it!! LOL!

How fun!!!

Something a little different!!  So I thought I would share!!

It is so much fun to do, but very important to make sure paint and ink is dry before you seal!  I've been a little anxious to seal some of my rocks and have actually wrecked them and smeared the stamping! So be patient!

Have a lovely day!




------------------------




2 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

I've been hearing about this ROCK craze! How funny... it's even where you're at! LOL I've seen many different crafters doing all kinds of styles... I can't draw so I would probably stink at it! LOL But yours look great Kendra! I think it's sweet your daughter wants to "secretly" keep that last rock... it is cute and has an inspirational sentiment... so I totally get why she would want it! :) Sorry, she shed some tears on the other one you didn't get a picture of... MOM - You gotta be quicker! that's all! hahahaha Thanks for sharing some fun projects! Hope you have a great day! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is a great idea ! Thanks for sharing